De Rouille et d'OsRust and Bones
- Jacques Audiard
- France, Belgium
- Jacques Audiard / Thomas Bidegain
- Marion Cotillard / Matthias Schoenaerts / Corinne Masiero / Jean-Michel Correia / Bouli Lanners / Céline Sallette
- Why Not Productions / Page 114 / Les Films du Fleuve
Ali finds work as a bouncer at a local nightclub. After diffusing a fight one evening, he meets Stephanie a beautiful, self-confident woman. He takes her home and leaves her his number. But she is a princess and he is a poor fellow.
Stephanie is a killer whale trainer at the local Marineland. After a terrible accident one day, Ali gets an unexpected phone call from Stephanie. When he sees her again she is crammed into a wheelchair. She has lost both her legs and her dreams.
Ali will share genuine moments with her, without pity, and help her to live again…
Festivals & Academy awards and others
Golden Globe Awards 2012
- Best Foreign Language Motion Picture
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama): Marion Cotillard
Goyas Awards 2013
Nomination: Best European Film
BAFTA Awards 2013
Nominations: Best Film not in the English Language, Best Leading Actress
César Award for Most Promising Actor (Matthias Schoenaerts)
César Award for Best Writing - Adaptation (Michel Audiard et Thomas Bidegain),
César Award for Best Music Written for a Film (Alexandre Desplats)
César Award for Best Editing (Juliette Welfling).
Spain (14 of December 2012)
United kingdom (2 of November 2012)
France (17 of May 2012)